KDC Systems provided electrical, instrumentation, and control system engineering and installation that helped automate the Orange County Water District (OCWD) Groundwater Replenishment System (GWRS) in Orange County, CA.
Our turnkey services also facilitated expansion to a 100-million-gallons-per-day water treatment plant.
The client needed complete electrical engineering and installation services to optimize their groundwater replenishment system.
Our solutions included:
- Process control system hardware/software
- Human machine interface design
- Segment design
- Panel engineering and fabrication
- Integration with Orange County Sanitation District remote input/output panels
Within the comprehensive scope of work, we provided the following services:
- Produced approximately 30 main control panels, and another 70 panels for instrumentation, local control and more
- Automated the reverse osmosis system and balance of the plant
- Performed all control wire terminations and instrument calibrations
- Held workshops with the owner to develop detailed software designs and a complete software library, and test plans
- Administrated software among other subcontractors
- Conducted testing at our facility, and in the field with water on actual equipment, to commission the system
The Orange County Water District (OCWD) is a California special district that manages the groundwater basin beneath central and northern Orange County, supplying water to more than 2.4 million Orange County residents.